Housing Commission invites nominations for housing awards
Know any award-worthy "friends of housing?"
Nominations will be accepted until July 31 for individuals and organizations throughout Washington who make outstanding contributions in providing affordable housing to our state's lower- and moderate-income residents.
Another award, called the Margaret M. Sevy Affordable Housing Lifetime Achievement Award, recognizes and celebrates individuals for sustained work in promoting affordable housing within Washington state.
Nomination details for both awards and a list of past recipients are online. See below for criteria.
Both awards will be presented on Oct. 6 during the Housing Washington conference in Spokane. The event is a program of the Washington State Housing Finance Commission.
Friend of Housing Award
Candidates must be instrumental in one or more of the following:
- Creating and/or supporting affordable housing;
- Implementing housing-related programs;
- Innovative financing mechanisms;
- Educational efforts regarding affordable housing;
- Helping others solve housing problems; or
- Authored legislation/public policy that addresses our state's housing needs.
Margaret M. Sevy Affordable Housing Lifetime Achievement Award
Candidates must have significant achievements and/or contributions over a sustained period of time in any of the following areas:
- Demonstrating an extraordinary vision for affordable housing in Washington;
- Demonstrating exemplary leadership in affordable housing in Washington;
- Coalition building and improved advocacy on behalf of Washington's poorly housed residents;
- Having a substantial positive impact on housing legislation;
- Enduring service with an impact toward improving conditions of Washington's ill-housed poor;
- Specific significant contributions toward provision of affordable housing for Washington residents.